The OPEC Fund for International Development will have a substantial presence at the COP27 Climate Change Conference in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt from November 6 to 18, 2022, including hosting its own office and pavilion in the “Blue Zone” — the same area as the plenary halls, press conference rooms and UN offices.
With a delegation led by Director-General Dr. Abdulhamid Alkhalifa, the OPEC Fund will participate in numerous sessions alongside major long-term partners, to achieve the following goals:
- Showcase the OPEC Fund Climate Action Plan and its climate commitments towards 2030 and beyond
- Amplify international cooperation for partner countries and innovative leadership on climate change initiatives through the Arab Coordination Group (ACG)
- Launch the ACG Climate Action Plan and its climate commitments towards 2030 and beyond
- Launch the Climate Finance and Energy Innovation Hub in collaboration with Sustainable Energy for All and the UN Capital Development Fund
- Highlight synergies with other multilateral and bilateral development organizations on climate action through thematic events to be organized at the OPEC Fund Pavilion