- Career Opportunities
The OPEC Fund offers an Internship Program for students from diverse academic backgrounds to help build their capacity by enriching their educational experience through practical, day-to-day work at an international organization. The program is open to university students who are about to graduate or who have just graduated (undergraduate program). Applicants must be between 20 to 30 years of age.
Preference will be given to citizens of the OPEC Fund's Member Countries.
In-line with the particular activities of the departments and units within the OPEC Fund, the areas of focus will include public sector operations; project financing; grants; financial management (investment/treasury and accounting/control); risk management; strategic planning & economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration and protocol; public relations and communications; legal; as well as information technology.
As the program is intended to be a learning experience, the interns will not receive any remuneration. This includes (although is not limited to) reimbursement of costs of visas, travel, accommodation and living expenses, as well as any transportation associated with commuting to and from the OPEC Fund's headquarters.
Program duration will be a period of up to three months on a full time basis. The program will be opened twice a year:
- Summer: from beginning of July until end of September, with an application deadline of April 1st
- Spring: from beginning of January until end of March, with an application deadline of October 1st
Due to a large volume of applications, the OPEC Fund will only enter into further correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
The selected candidate must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy in Austria or a similar arrangement under or in accordance with which the candidate will be fully medically covered during the duration of the program. S/he is also be requested to supply the following documents to be sent here
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Copy of university diploma or equivalent OR an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the enrolment of the applicant as an undergraduate student
- Copy of most recent university transcripts showing the cumulative GPA
- A short essay in English (about 150-250 words) outlining the applicant's motivation for seeking internship under the Program.
How to apply
You may find it helpful to print out a copy of the ‘Instructions for Completing the Internship Application’ before proceeding.
All applications must be in English.
When applying, please keep in mind the following:
- Read instructions carefully before filling in the form.
- Use the TAB key or mouse to move from one data entry field to the next.
- Please note that fields marked with an asterix (*) are required.
- DD = Day, MM = Month number, MMM = First three characters of month name, YYYY = Year.
- If the selection list does not have the option that applies to you, the information can be manually entered in the relevant ‘Others Specify’ or ‘Comments’ fields.
- After answering all questions, click the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the form. This will transmit your information and register you as a candidate for the OPEC Fund’s Internship Program.
- Clicking on the ‘Reset’ button will clear all previously-entered data.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a hard copy of their completed application, which they will be required to sign and return.
Complete and submit the online Internship Application.