- Career Opportunities
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Vacancy Number: 28.08.2020
The Talent Acquisition Specialist manages the recruitment process and delivery of a major part of the institution’s attracting, sourcing, selecting and hiring of top talent activities, in line with the existing HR strategy and policies and the OPEC Fund objectives, to ensure that the OPEC Fund meets business requirements and is recognized as an Employer of Choice. The position has no structural supervisory function/s.
Reports to: Director, Human Resources Policies & Planning (HRP&P) Unit
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads analysis of business needs and labor market developments and coordinates with departments to identify staffing needs and selection criteria
- Identifies job descriptions and manages the interview process
- Uses standardized screening techniques, assesses the skills, qualifications and experience of potential candidates
- Provides feedback and advice to management about details regarding applications
- Works closely with management on all diversity initiatives involving recruitment to ensure fairness in hiring practices
- Focuses on Employer branding to ensure that the OPEC Fund is recognized as an Employer of Choice
- Ensures proper on-boarding for new hires and the necessary administrative work is completed promptly and accurately
- Uses various methods to recruit and network with potential candidates including social media platforms, networking events and job fairs
- Sources potential candidates through online channels (i.e., professional networks and social platforms)
- Forecasts quarterly and annual hiring needs by department
- Designs and maintains effective relationships with the Lead HR Business Partners and external search parties
- Fosters long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Coordinates with stakeholders to incorporate all metrics into all talent acquisition systems
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Director, HRP&P Unit.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration/ Human Resource Management or other relevant fields
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience in an international development institution.
- Good knowledge of Talent market intelligence and modern technology and methods of sourcing
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with the whole talent acquisition cycle and in talent assessment of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrable skills in cultivating and maintaining relationships across jobs, industries, personality types and with internal & external stakeholders such as search firms and other related vendors
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.