- Career Opportunities
- Senior Risk Policy Officer
Senior Risk Policy Officer
Vacancy Number: 1324
Reports to: Director, Market Risk, Operational Risk & Policies
Deadline: June 7, 2022
The Senior Risk Policy Officer develops, implements and maintains the OPEC Fund’s risk management framework comprising of policies, processes, and methodologies, and supports the development of the IT infrastructure for risk management, all in accordance with the institutional risk framework, in order to prevent, minimize, and mitigate risk.
Duties and Responsibilities
Policy Development and Implementation
- Develops, implements and maintains risk management policies, guidelines, methodologies, processes, and systems for identification, measurement, mitigation, and reporting of the risks in OPEC Fund's operations (capital adequacy, liquidity, credit risk, market risk, operational risk, asset and liability management, and provisioning) in line with practices at peer AAA-rated multilateral development banks.
- Develops and implements policies and methodologies for determining economic capital requirements and allocations, prudential minimum liquidity, and loan loss provisioning in line with practices at peer AAA-rated multilateral development banks.
- Maintains and enhances guidelines related to pricing of OPEC Fund’s products, including loans and guarantees.
Risk Management and Analysis
- Develops and enhances risk models and methodologies for measuring various risks in OPEC Fund’s operations.
- Leads preparation of data submission to credit rating agencies for the semi-annual or annual review of OPEC Fund’s credit ratings.
- Leads preparation of risk management inputs to quarterly financial statements.
- Provides feedback to and consults with the operations department to identify risk issues and develop solutions that satisfy the technical and business need.
- Advises on risk policy and methodology matters.
- Supports IT projects and other specialized projects to meet risk management requirements.
- Assists in developing and maintaining risk data for use by key stakeholders, including member countries, bond investors, rating agencies, and regulators.
- Assists in the administration of the risk management committee, including coordination and preparation on meeting schedules, agenda, materials, and minutes.
Research and Analysis
- Researches and analyzes various matters related to risk management to ensure alignment of OPEC Fund’s risk policies and methodologies with in line with practices at peer AAA-rated multilateral development banks and industry developments (such as the replacement of LIBOR).
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual risk management report.
Carries out other tasks assigned by the Director, Market Risk, Operational Risk & Policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of twelve years of banking experience.
- Preferably, 10-12 years of experience with multilateral/bilateral development financial institutions, global or regional banks or fund managers, with focus on development of risk policies, methodologies, and IT systems.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of risk management concepts and principles in the context of highly rated multilateral development financial institutions, covering capital adequacy, liquidity, credit risk, market risk, operational risk, asset and liability management, and provisioning.
- Good knowledge of credit rating and pricing methodologies.
- Good understanding of lending and investment practices, banking products, and rating agency methodology.
- Demonstrable understanding of the application of risk management methods to information technology and vice versa.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as high level of integrity and drive for achieving results.
- Excellent command of English, including drafting and negotiating legal documents in English. Knowledge of other languages (French/Spanish/Arabic) will be advantage.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work with little supervision and under pressure.