- Career Opportunities
- Executive Assistant
Vacancy Number: 1221
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Application deadline: February 17, 2023
This position is subject to Local recruitment. Candidates with valid Residency and authorized permit to work in Vienna are also eligible to apply.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial/clerical services to the Office of the Director-General, performs auxiliary administrative duties relevant to the supervisor's responsibilities and coordinates overall Office activities, within overall policies or instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, logs, reviews and distributes all incoming mail.
- Provides background information and files concerning correspondence and ensures that urgent/important items are drawn to the (Office of the) Director-General’s attention.
- Drafts correspondence in one or more languages, upon own initiative or on-the-job instructions received, for the signature of the Director-General.
- Checks outgoing mail for accuracy, conformity with overall policies or instructions, and use of the correct communication channels.
Business meetings/ events arrangement
- Receives officials and other visitors to the Office of the Director-General and arranges meetings, notifies participants of place, date, time, and subject.
- Makes arrangements for duty travel, prepares travel authorizations, ensures that visas, vaccination certificates, etc., are in order and completes the required forms.
- Takes minutes of the meeting and prepares draft records for the Director-General’s approval.
- Manages the (Office of the) Director-General calendar and assists and advises the Office on a variety of administrative and logistical matters.
- Assists the (Office of the) Director-General with the coordination of submissions in relation to budget and work programs.
Adheres to deadlines and coordinates correspondence, reporting and submissions to Ministerial Council, Governing Board and committees chaired by the (Office of the) Director-General.
- Ensures that the (Office of the) Director-General has all the relevant files needed for the Ministerial Council and Governing Board Meetings, as well as other high-level meetings, when necessary.
- Coordinates overall department activities with other assistants within other departments.
- Coordinates logistical arrangements of workshops and trainings.
- Designs and maintains accurate and effective physical and electronic filing system.
Performs other duties as required by the (Office of the) Director-General.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Preferably at least three years at a responsible level in a large organization, preferably international in nature.
- Fluent in English and good German proficiency. French, Arabic, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.