- Procurement Notices
- Construction Works Of Dilla – Bule – Haro Wachu Road Project (68.77 KM)
Construction Works Of Dilla – Bule – Haro Wachu Road Project (68.77 KM)
Bid submission deadline is 16 December 2021
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
ETHIOPIAN ROADS AUTHORITY
CONSTRUCTION WORKS OF DILLA – BULE – HARO WACHU ROAD PROJECT (68.77 KM)
INVITATION FOR BID
1. The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE) has applied for financing from the OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC Fund) and Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA) for the Dilla – Bule – Haro Wachu Road Project.
2. The Ethiopian Roads Authority (ERA) on Behalf of the FDRE invites international eligible Contractors (including all members of a joint venture and all Subcontractors of bidders) for the Dilla – Bule – Haro Wachu Road Project.
3. In general, the proposed Dilla – Bule – Haro Wachu Road Project consists of Asphalt Concrete Surfacing to ERA DC6 standard. The total length of the road is 68.77 km, of which 67.17 km is the main road and remaining 1.6 km encompasses 3 spur roads. Moreover, the project covers construction of 90 culverts (pipe and box) and no bridges.The road shall be constructed to paved DC6 road class (ERA’s Geometric design Manual -2013) with Asphalt Concrete Surfacing. Rural sections shall have road carriageway width of 7.0m (with 1.5m, 0.5m and 3.0m shoulders on each side for flat/rolling sections, mountainous sections and villages respectively). The Worerda sections shall have 2.5 m median width, 3.5m parking lane, 3.5m carriageway and 2 x 2.5m walkway. Whereas, Kebele seats shall have. 3.5m parking lane, 3.5m carriageway and 2 x 2.5m walkway.
Time of completion of the project is 1461 Calendar days including mobilization period of 120 calendar days.
4. Eligible Applicants may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the Bidding Documents, at:
Ethiopian Roads Authority (ERA)
Ras Abebe Aregay Street
ERA Headoffice, New Building Block B,
1st Floor, Office No. 105,
P.O. Box 1770 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel.No. +251-11-515 10 87/ 515-04-19
Fax No. +251 11-551-48-66/554 44 34
5. Bidders may obtain a complete set of bidding documents at the above office starting from October 21, 2021 and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 250 US$ (Two Hundred Fifty US dollars) or 10,000 ETB (Ten Thousand Ethiopian Birr). Payment shall be made in cash, bank certified check or telegraphic transfer to the Employer’s Bank Account in the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia-Sengatera Branch through Account No. 01715-33144600.
The document will be sent by registered airmail if required so by the bidder but under no circumstances will the procuring entity be held responsible for late delivery or loss of the documents so mailed.
6. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedure specified in the bidding documents, and is open to all eligible bidders. The minimum General and Specific Construction Experience is as shown below:
Item No. - Qualification Criteria - Minimum Requirement
- Annual Construction Turnover - USD 50.0 Million (Average Construction Turnover)
- Liquid Asset /Cash Flow requirement - USD 10.0 Million
- General Construction Experience - 10 Years firm Experience in Construction
- Specific Construction Project Experience - Two (2) new Asphalt Concrete (AC) road construction or rehabilitation or upgrading each with a value of USD 70.0 Million within the last ten (10) years that has been successfully and substantially completed (80% Completed).
- Specific Construction Experience in Key Activities:
- Earthwork; Cut & Borrow to Fill, Cut to Spoil (Common and Intermediate/ Rock Excavation) - Unit: M3/year - Quantity: 800,000.00
- Crushed Sub base - Unit: M3/year - Quantity: 70,000.00
- Crushed Stone base - Unit: M3/year - Quantity: 50,000.00
- Asphalt Concrete (AC) Surface Dressing - Unit: M3/year - Quantity: 230,000.00
7. The bidding procedure to be followed is a two-envelope procedure. The post-qualification documents and financial offers should be sealed in two separate envelopes. The first envelope containing the post-qualification application and bid security is clearly marked “Post Qualification Application and Bid Security” and the second envelope that contains the offer is marked “Submission of Offer” for the Construction Works of Dilla-Bule-Haro Wachu Road Project respectively and the two envelopes shall also be enclosed by an outer envelope marked “Post Qualification Application and Offer for Construction Works of Dilla-Bule-Haro Wachu Road Project.
Evaluation is also to be carried out in two stages, the post qualification application and the bid security will be opened first and the qualification evaluation will be undertaken. The bid that are responsive to the minimum post qualification criteria will be opened for further evaluation. The offers of those bidders who fail the minimum qualification criteria shall be returned unopened after the award of contract.
8. All bids must be accompanied by a security in the form and amount specified in the bidding documents, and delivered to:
2nd Floor, Conference Room
Ethiopian Roads Authority
Ras Abebe Aregay Street
P. O. Box 1770
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
On /or before December 16, 2021 @ 2:30 P.M. Local Time.
The Bids shall be prepared in one original and four copies. Bids must be accompanied by a bid security of USD 1,000,000.00 (United States Dollar: One Million) or Equivalent in a format acceptable to the Employer. Late bids will be rejected. Post-Qualification Application and Bid security of the bidders will be opened immediately thereafter in the presence of the Procurement Endorsing Committee and bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on the final date and time of bid submission and at the address stated here above.
The Ethiopian Roads Authority reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.