- Procurement Notices
- Benaco – Kyaka Transmission Line Project
Benaco – Kyaka Transmission Line Project
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY CO. LTD
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION AND MANAGEMENT OF THE PROPOSED 220kV BENACO-KYAKA TRANSMISSION LINE, SUBSTATION AND RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IN KAGERA REGION, TANZANIA
Tender No. PA/001/2022-23/HQ/C/10
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania (GoT) has applied for financing from OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC Fund), Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) and Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) towards cost of 220kV Benaco-Kyaka Transmission Line and Substation and intend to apply part of the agreed amount for this credit to payments under the contract for Provision of Consulting Services for Supervision and Management of the Benaco-Kyaka Transmission Line Project.
The services under this project will entirely include and not limited to the following:
- Review of project documents including tender documents, RAP, ESMP, engineering studies and design based on 2021 Feasibility study;
- Review and approval of detailed and final engineering design of the project prepared by the EPC contractors to ensure technical soundness prior to implementation of works;
- Control and Supervision of the EPC contractors;
- Carrying out supervision of works to ensure compliance with the approved Designs, Drawings, Specifications, Contracts, Tanzania Grid codes, schedule of work and best Engineering practice;
- Supervision of the Project’s Environmental and Social Management Plan;
- Coordination of project activities of all parties executing the project to achieving the planned implementation schedule;
- Preparation of Inception Report;
- Assistance to TANESCO during procurement processes (advertisement, clarification, site visit, evaluation and contract negotiations);
- Assistance to TANESCO in Planning and Coordinating of RAP implementations and ESMP activities;
- Assistance to TANESCO in establishing, reviewing and monitoring timeline for project implementation;
- Prepare update time schedule for the project (consultant services as well as the implementation project);
- Supervision of correction for defects under all contracts;
- Collation and preparation where appropriate of Operations and Maintenance manuals, as-built drawings and other design/construction records;
- Coordination of monitoring of RAP and ESMP activities;
- Preparing and submitting periodic and other reports to TANESCO;
- Approval of issuance of acceptance and completion certificates;
The consultant will be stationed where most of the administration works will be conducted. During Phase 2 Construction stage of the project the consultant will be stationed in Kagera at the project site. The Project is planned to be implemented in Two (2) years from the contract commencement date.
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) Ltd, the project implementation agent, now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services.
The Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, company profile and financial status, etc.).
For the purpose of demonstrating experience in the expression of interest, Consultants should list at least three (3) and at most ten (10) successful project implementation experiences in the items indicated below:
- General Experience of Consultant in Transmission Line, Substation and Distribution Projects of the similar size and nature or above not less than fifteen (15) years
- Specific Experience of Consultant in Design and Supervision of Transmission line, Substation and Distribution projects, Transmission Lines and Substations not less than ten (10) years;
- Technical and Managerial Organization of the Firm;
- Experience of the Consultant in sub-Saharan Africa
Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the OPEC Fund/Tanzania Procurement Guidelines.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09.00 – 12.30 hours and 14.00 – 16.30 hours local time (Monday to Friday) excluding public holidays.
The interested Potential Consultants have option either to submit physically as per address below and mention “Expressions of Interest for Provision of Consultancy Services for Supervision and Management of the 220kV Benaco-Kyaka Transmission line, Substation and Rural Electrification”. This Bids will be opened on 23rd June 2023 at 10:30 hours East African Time;”
Attn: The Secretary-Tender Board,
TANESCO Umeme Park Building, Ubungo,
Ground Floor, Tender Room, Room No. G04,
P.O. Box 9024,
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 (22) 2451145/2452172; +(255) 782 376147
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com;
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO)