- Career Opportunities
- Senior Operational Risk Officer
Senior Operational Risk Officer
Vacancy Number: VA3006/2019
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating, validating, and monitoring operational risks across all units at the OPEC Fund. Developing and implementing operational risk management framework, conducting assessment, mitigation, and monitoring of operational risks, conducting operational risk workshops, developing key risk indicators and operational risk database, and preparing operational risk report.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing the OPEC Fund’s operational risk management framework comprising policies, methodologies, and processes;
- Overseeing and coordinating assessment and mitigation of operational risks across all units at the OPEC Fund;
- Developing key risk indicators and overseeing and coordinating the monitoring of major operational risks;
- Conducting workshops on assessment and mitigation of operational risks;
- Developing and implementing IT support system for storing, monitoring, and reporting operational risk data;
- Preparing the operational risk section of the quarterly risk management report;
- Ensuring that the OPEC Fund’s operational risk management framework is up-to-date and relevant at all times;
- Contributing to material for speeches, statements and presentations in the area of operational risk for external meetings and conferences.
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or any other relevant discipline or professional qualifications / affiliations. A professional financial or risk management qualification is an added advantage;
- At least 10 years’ of relevant professional experience in operational risk management with international/regional banks or multilateral/bilateral development financial institutions.
Skills and Competencies
- Extensive knowledge in operational risk, familiar with international rules, regulations and standards in these areas;
- Established analytical skills in operational risk;
- Good planning and organization skills with ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan;
- Working knowledge of Arabic, French or German will be an added advantage;
- Computer literate with high level of proficiency in MS Office applications with special emphasis on word processing, spread-sheet analysis, and PowerPoint, as well as other relevant software packages;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.