- Career Opportunities
- Social Media Associate
Social Media Associate
Vacancy Number: 13.11.2020
Reports to: Head, Outreach & Multimedia Unit – Communication Department
The Social Media Associate is an integral member of the Communication Department. He or she creates diverse campaigns and messaging across various communication channels, connecting and engaging internal and external stakeholders, in accordance with the Communications Strategy. The ultimate goal is to improve online reputation and stakeholder engagement by ensuring that the OPEC Fund’s work is highly visible and clearly understood.
Duties and responsibilities
- Creates a regular editorial calendar and publishing schedule to develop and produce differentiated content and engagement aligned with brand identity and wider strategic objectives.
- Maintains and improves brand awareness and online reputation, including through social advertising.
- Manages all social advertising campaigns as well as a consistent volume of high-impact day-to-day posts.
- Adapts existing content (editorial / audio-visual) for social channels and oversees the design of social media-related assets.
- Communicates and commissions multimedia content to support messaging goals.
- Thinks quickly under pressure to minimize social media-related risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Reaches out to and develops relationships with operational staff to provide comprehensive communication support and visibility for their work.
- Monitors users in a ’social’ way and responds to audience comments in a timely and professional manner (community leadership and participation are integral to this role).
- Develops and expands community and / or influencer outreach efforts.
- Prepares monthly reports on social media campaigns and provides recommendations to attain optimal results and platform presence.
- Remains up-to-date with best practice and benchmarking, and shares intelligence on emerging trends.
- Leverages analytical tools to manage, monitor, evaluate and expand social media presence and performance.
- Cultivates partnership leads and generates in-bound traffic / engagement.
- Helps to integrate all channels of marketing (social media, content marketing, email and print).
- Helps curate and manage all content-related assets (images, video, written etc).
Qualifications and expertise
- Higher level education in Media, Communication or related studies.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience within a fast-moving communications agency or corporate team.
- Experience of leading projects / campaigns from concept to final delivery.
- Experience of working in global development is not a must, but is highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms and SEO.
- Highly analytical with excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Fluency in English. Arabic language fluency is also highly desirable.
- Passionate about global development and determined to make a difference.
- Highly creative and innovative.
- A great team player, but also able to take the initiative and work alone.
- Culturally aware and with high levels of personal integrity.