- Career Opportunities
- Senior Operational Risk Officer
Senior Operational Risk Officer
Vacancy Number: 1201
Reports to: Director, Market Risk, Operational Risk & Policies
Deadline: February 14, 2022
The Senior Operational Risk Officer coordinates, validates, and monitors operational risks across all units of the OPEC Fund, all in accordance with the institutional risk framework, in order to prevent, minimize, and mitigate risk.
Duties and Responsibilities
Policy development and implementation
- Develops and implements OPEC Fund’s operational risk management framework comprising of policies, methodologies, and processes.
- Ensures that OPEC Fund’s operational risk management framework is up-to-date and relevant at all times.
Risk management and analysis
- Oversees and coordinates assessment and mitigation of operational risks across all units of the OPEC Fund.
- Develops key risk indicators and oversees and coordinates the monitoring of major operational risks.
- Conducts workshops on assessment and mitigation of operational risks.
- Develops and implements IT support systems for storing, monitoring, and reporting operational risk data.
- Prepares the operational risk section of the quarterly risk management report.
- Contributes to material for speeches, statements and presentations in the area of operational risk for external meetings and conferences.
Carries out other tasks assigned by the Director, Market Risk, Operational Risk & Policies (MOP).
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics or equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of 10 years of banking experience.
- Preferably, 3-5 years of experience in managing operational risk at global or regional banks, fund managers, or multilateral/bilateral development financial institutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German. A good working knowledge of Arabic, German, French, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- A professional financial or risk management qualification.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and presentation skills ensuring messages and instructions are clearly understood.
- Able to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused manner setting clear priorities.
- Excellent ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.