- Career Opportunities
- Senior Funding Officer - Treasury
Senior Funding Officer - Treasury
Vacancy Number: 16.07.2020
This position is responsible for the design and management of the OPEC Fund’s borrowing operations program including treasury related aspects of the ratings, issuance and investor relations activities, all in accordance with the institutional strategy and framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements OPEC Fund’s annual borrowing program based on net cash requirements and in compliance with Board approved Liquidity Policy.
- Monitors and analyzes funding opportunities in major currency debt markets and recommend transactions for execution in line with the Fund’s funding strategy and borrowing objectives, including benchmark issues, opportunistic financing, and private placements.
- Formulates and implements the short term funding strategy, including the establishment of short-term debt issuance program.
- Leads negotiations with banks, execute borrowings and related swaps in accordance with approved terms, and ensure timely completion and accuracy of documentation with the assistance of the Legal Service Department.
- Prepares various borrowing documents for Management and the Governing Board, including approval requests for individual borrowings and swaps, periodic Board reports, and press releases.
- Leads implementation and compliance with the Fund’s risk management policies relating to liquidity, treasury operations, and ALM.
- Prepares and updates the Fund’s Information Statement and prospectuses/offering circulars for new borrowings, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information contained therein, relating to the Fund’s policies, operations, financials, and risk management.
- Develops an investor relation program to expand the Fund’s investor base through road shows, conferences, and development of investor database and website.
- Develops and maintains relationship with key external stakeholders, including bond investors, regulators, banks, and rating agencies.
- Organizes and coordinates due diligence visits by credit rating agencies and review and ensure that rating reports on the Fund are accurate and appropriate.
- Maintains full compliance with the Fund’s policies and procedures as well as market regulations.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Director, Treasury that are related to the job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience with multilateral development banks or global financial institutions in funding operations or debt capital markets.
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience in an international development institution.
- Preferably a Chartered Financial Analyst certification holder.
- Extensive knowledge of debt capital markets, fixed income portfolio management, derivatives, asset liability management, and financial and risk management.
- Well established skills in trading, risk management and hedge accounting.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as high level of integrity and drive for achieving results.
- Proficient in the use of Treasury Management Systems and Bloomberg’s information and trading platforms.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.