- Career Opportunities
- Senior Editor
Vacancy Number: 982
Reports to: Head of Editorial Content and Print
Deadline: December 9, 2021
The Senior Editor is responsible for planning and producing the organization’s editorial content in close coordination with the Outreach & Multimedia Unit and in accordance with the Communications Strategy, in order to engage key stakeholders and leverage relationships to promote the OPEC Fund’s business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writes, edits and manages the production of all editorial content, including quarterly magazine, press releases, corporate presentations and brochures, to drive quality and value.
- Writes and edits executive communications, including speeches, talking points, testimonials and strategic correspondence, for the organization’s senior management.
- Writes and edits strategic internal communications, contributing to the day-to-day output of the department.
- Updates editorial style guide and ensures editorial content across all channels is on message, consistent and accurate, and that brand guidelines are upheld.
- Prepares and manages a working budget related to print and digital publications.
- Commissions and supervises external agencies and freelancers.
- Reports data driven insights on readership to drive editorial improvements.
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Interviews OPEC Fund colleagues on a regular basis in order to optimally report success stories, promote knowledge-exchange and bring corporate values to life.
- Interviews relevant business and political leaders in line with business supportive editorial themes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Media, Journalism, International Development or related studies.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience within a major publishing house / communication agency and an international organization in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Arabic is a major advantage.
- Fundamental understanding of the core activities of development institutions, including the OPEC Fund.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to convey information succinctly.
- Demonstrated editorial excellence and experience.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for innovation, business development.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting deadlines and achieving results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.