- Career Opportunities
- Protocol Assistant
Vacancy Number: 1241
Reports to: Head, Protocol Function
Deadline: March 11, 2022
This position is subject to Local recruitment. Candidates with valid Residency and authorized permit to work in Vienna are also eligible to apply.
The incumbent provides substantive logistical support to the OPEC Fund staff and members of the Ministerial Council and Governing Board by following established procedures in order to assist in maintaining relations between the OPEC Fund and its Member Countries. The incumbent reports directly to the Head, Protocol Function. There are no structural supervisory or budgetary responsibilities required for this job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in organizing the ceremonies for the signature of loan/grant agreements, in cooperation with other concerned parties.
Administrative and logistical support
- Responsible for providing assistance in protocol matters as required.
- Maintains up-to-date lists of members of the OPEC Fund’s Ministerial Council, members and alternate members of the Governing Board, host country ministers and other high officials, ambassadors posted in the host country, and ministers and other high officials of the OPEC Fund’s partner countries.
- Establishes and maintains files of reports, correspondence or other materials; keeps track of pending matters; and draws the supervisor’s attention to any relevant deadlines.
- Assists staff members travelling on mission with regard to ticket reservations.
- Coordinates with third party providers.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A diploma supplemented by secretarial, commercial, information/publicity, with practical experience in protocol functions in an international institution.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in protocol functions in an international institution.
- Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of German. Knowledge of Arabic, French, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills (including SAP/BW, SAP/BW Analysis Tools).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German.
- Strong attention to detail and quality with a high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and adopts a solutions oriented approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.