- Career Opportunities
- Project Supervisor
Vacancy Number: 1243
Reports to: Functional reporting to the Parkring Steering Committee (PRSC); Administrative reporting to Director, Administration Services Unit (ASU)
Deadline: March 8, 2022
This position is subject to Local recruitment. Candidates with valid Residency and authorized permit to work in Vienna are also eligible to apply.
The incumbent strengthens the OPEC Fund’s Building and Facility Management (BFM) team and is responsible for coordinating and facilitating technical consulting, engineering and construction works relating to the Fund’s three buildings. Regular engagement with the Project Manager and the selected construction contractors for the OPEC Fund Parkring 6 Project, as well as quality assurance for the project is required. The incumbent’s immediate focus will be on PR6, however post-handover the expectation is that his/her responsibilities expand beyond that to cover other tasks within BFM and as determined by the Director of ASU.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the multiple project interfaces between the planning, design and construction activities in line with the OPEC Fund requrements.
- Reports timely and communicates clearly to the Project Steering Committee on all issues associated with the project.
- Closely works with the architect, Project Manager and contractors to ensure that works are executed in a timely manner to maintain the planned completion schedule and budget.
- Monitors and reports on project progress against the scheduled and planned works to the Project Steering Committee.
- Proposes solutions to overcome unforeseen situations.
- Negotiates any modifications with the Project Manager and contractors as required.
- Establishes effective quality control measures to ensure that contractors deliver services according to the agreed and contracted specifications.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to ensure that, at point of receipt, the works from various contractors are in accordance with all contracted requirements; and that quality standards have been adhered to and where deviation has occurred that the change has been managed appropriately.
- Manages potential changes to scope of the works, liaises with all appropriate stakeholders, with the aim of limiting any impact on time and cost.
- Plans, schedules and implements transition into a fully operational new office building with minimal impact on OPEC Fund operations.
- Performs any other activity within BFM and as assigned by Director, ASU.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree - Advanced university degree in engineering management, construction management, architecture, facilities management, or any other relevant engineering-related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant professional experience and a proven record of planning, coordinating and executing the implementation of complex capital projects.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Fluency in German is an advantage given the close collaboration with local contractors.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in the conduct of duties and discharge of responsibilities.
- Ensures exceptional due diligence in matching project deliverables with objectives / expectations aimed at project completion within specified timeframes.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.