- Career Opportunities
- Procurement Assistant
Vacancy Number: 924
Application deadline: September 10, 2021
Reports to: Head, Corporate Procurement
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Administrative Services Unit and daily guidance of the Head, Corporate Procurement Function, the incumbent will support the execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with OPEC Fund procedures and guidelines. The Procurement Assistant will also work in collaboration with other procurement staff to successfully deliver efficient procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews purchase requisitions and obtains additional information and/or documentation as required.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders for supplies, and ensures timely and efficient procurement thereof.
Supplier performance review
- Assists in monitoring the performance of suppliers with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods, services and works, as well as updating the Vendors’ List.
- Maintains proactive communications with suppliers of goods, services and works to ensure continued service quality and product specifications.
- Maintains a register of prequalified suppliers.
- Supports the functioning of the OPEC Fund’s Evaluation Committees.
- Prepares draft tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Assists Business Units in the preparation of specifications, terms of reference and scope of work.
- Maintains relevant internal database and files, keep track of any contractual agreements and informs respective contract management officials and end users of contractual rights and obligations, monitors deadlines taking appropriate and timely action to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintains, safeguards and archives records of the procurement process.
- Keeps an up-to-date inventory of all the OPEC Fund’s equipment.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
Data collection & analysis
- Produces accurate reports for others by collecting data from a variety of standard sources and inputting into standard formats.
- Prepares draft detailed quarterly and Annual Reports on procurement activities.
- Participates in the conduct of market surveys and market research.
- Maintains and updates the catalogue of goods and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, or other social sciences. A professional (full or part) qualification, such as CIPS will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in procurement.
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Quantitative and qualitative Research capabilities.
- Proven track record in procurement of goods, services and works, as well as contractual agreements and internal data management concepts.
- Ability to find, evaluate and engage suppliers of goods, services and works.
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Power Point and SAP Materials Management module.
- Very high standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty to the organization are essential.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of German language is an added advantage.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.