- Career Opportunities
- Protocol Officer
Vacancy Number: 922
Application deadline: August 31, 2021
Reports to: Head, Protocol Function
The incumbent is tasked with the organization and provision of logistical support to the OPEC Fund’s high-level meetings and to visitors to the Fund by following established procedures in order to assist in maintaining relations between the OPEC Fund and its Member Countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
Stakeholder management and engagement support
- Responsible for providing assistance in coordinating relations between the OPEC Fund and Member States, and for providing substantive technical and logistical support to the Ministerial Council and Governing Board meetings as well as other high-level OPEC Fund meetings and visitors.
Meeting coordination assistance
- Provides assistance in coordinating the organization of ceremonies for the signature of loan/grant agreements, in cooperation with other concerned departments.
- Assists in the coordination of reception of visitors to the Fund.
Administrative and logistical support
- Coordinates the administrative and logistical support for the Fund’s high-level meetings, including arrangements for the transportation of VIPs from and to the airport.
- Participates in all public relations and protocol activities, including receptions and social events, as well as accommodation and travel arrangements for the Director-General, official visitors and participants in the Ministerial Council and Governing Board meetings.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the supervisor, which are related to the job function.
- Maintains the lists of ministers and high officials of the host country, ambassadors posted in the host country, members of the Ministerial Council, members and alternate members of the Governing Board, ministers and high officials of the OPEC Fund’s partner countries.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Sociology/ Psychology/ Social Sciences/ Public Relations and/or Business Administration or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience, with preferably 2-3 years in an international institution.
- Experience to communicate with VIPs, preferably in English and Arabic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, French, German, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of protocol in a governmental or international organization including experience of working with the Host Government.
- Commitment to excellence, with an exceptional work ethic, strong organizational skills, and a can-do attitude.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.