- Career Opportunities
- IT Infrastructure Specialist
IT Infrastructure Specialist
Vacancy Number: 941
Reports to: Director of Information Technology Unit (ITU)
Deadline: October 31, 2021
The IT infrastructure Specialist provides technical expertise in installation, maintenance and monitoring of specific IT systems to ensure their optimal and effective utilization. The incumbent must have thorough knowledge of different computer software and hardware platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs regular IT tasks in all areas such as systems administration, monitoring, patching, scripting and database administration.
- Provides service desk support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and other hardware.
- Maintains and secures appliances, desktops and servers implementations.
- Maintains and updates knowledge base articles.
- Recommends alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals.
- Supports the senior infrastructure officer in the implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Monitors systems, infrastructure, network, and ensures an improvements of performance, availability and usability.
- Implements security measures and ensures data integrity.
- Develops training materials and user documentation.
- Resolves hardware incidents and initiates warranty repairs.
- Responsible for user account management, including on-boarding and off-boarding of users, access rights and group membership administration and user mailbox administration.
- Keeps abreast of latest technology trends and developments.
- Reviews technical architectures and proposes improvements to satisfy forecasted requirements.
- Guarantees the availability of printer systems.
- Implements cyber security solutions governed by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- Monitors and reports on SLAs defined with external partners and consultants.
- Deals with all departments/units on the subject of IT services.
- Carries out other related tasks assigned by the IT director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- IT certifications and other relevant certifications.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant professional experience.
- Experience of working in an international development institution.
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of German is an added advantage.
- General understanding of the core activities of development institutions, including the OPEC Fund.
- Familiarity with SAP, OPEN Text, PowerShell Scripting.
- Possesses strong analytical thinking, good planning and organizational skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft On-premise Operating Systems and Microsoft Desktop and Microsoft Office products.
- Very good knowledge of Cisco equipment and solutions as well as security solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining VMware virtualization platform.
- Experienced in Cloud technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for innovation, business development.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.