- Career Opportunities
- Investment Manager, Private Sector and Trade Finance Operations Department
Investment Manager, Private Sector and Trade Finance Operations Department
Vacancy Number: 03.07.2020
This position is responsible for the management of a portfolio of the Private Sector and Trade Finance Department’s loans, equity investments and guarantees in developing countries. The annual workload includes execution and implementation of approved operations and continuous monitoring of the assigned portfolio in line with the related finance documents and the OPEC Fund’s policies and procedures. The job may require frequent travel. The position has no structural supervisory function/s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates and closes new transactions with borrowers, shareholders, and co-lenders
- Manages relationships with existing borrowers and co-financiers in order to monitor project implementation in line with the provisions of signed agreements and approved procedures
- Processes withdrawal applications
- Reviews financial covenants, compliance certificates, external project reports, and financial reports of borrowers and prepares credit monitoring reports
- Reviews and processes waiver, amendment, consent, and rescheduling/restructuring requests
- Conducts monitoring missions and if required, participates in appraisal/due diligence missions
- Works closely with related departments throughout the project cycle
- Participates in departmental working groups and organizational taskforces as required
- Provides recommendations and suggestions to the Director, Portfolio Management for any improvement of the work efficiency and productivity
- Stays abreast of country, sectoral, market and product developments
- Represents the OPEC Fund at external conferences, meetings, symposia, and other external events in connection with project review & monitoring
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Director, Portfolio Management.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting/ Commerce /Finance/ Economics or other relevant fields
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience within the Private Sector division of a major international development finance institution; or a banking environment (including commercial or investment banking, fund management or a development bank); or a commercial/development environment of relevance to the OPEC Fund’s operations and job profile.
- Good knowledge of development project financing procedures and processes
- Demonstrable project management knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated financial credit analyses skills with regards to project and transaction financing
- Demonstrable experience in socio-economic evaluation and impact analyses
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.