- Career Opportunities
- Investment Manager, Portfolio Management (Infrastructure Sector)
Investment Manager, Portfolio Management (Infrastructure Sector)
Vacancy Number: VA1845
Deadline: October 2, 2023
This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of the Private Sector and Trade Finance Department’s loans mainly in the infrastructure sector, including loan negotiation and implementation of approved operations and continuous monitoring of the assigned portfolio, all in accordance with related finance documents, the departmental strategy and framework and the OPEC Fund’s policies and procedures, in order to contribute to a compliant and optimal project portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Review & analysis and reporting
- Review and negotiate legal documentation.
- Identify and address potential risks to ensure the sustainability of investments.
- Reviews actual and projected annual disbursement.
- Supervises processing disbursement requests, review of withdrawal applications, verification of compliance with disbursement conditions/loan covenants, and follow up on submission of required documents and review of their completeness/validity.
- Reviews financial covenants, financial model, compliance certificates, external project reports, and other financial reports of borrowers.
- Prepares credit risk rating and monitoring reports (quarterly or annually).
- Reviews and processes waiver, amendment, consent, and rescheduling/restructuring requests.
- Conducts monitoring missions and if required, participates in appraisal/due diligence missions.
- Stays abreast of country, sectoral, market and product developments.
- Provides recommendations and suggestions to the Director, Portfolio Management for any improvement of the work efficiency and productivity.
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Negotiates and closes new transactions with borrowers, shareholders, and co-lenders.
- Manages relationships with existing borrowers and co-financiers in order to monitor project implementation in line with the provisions of signed agreements and approved procedures.
- Represents the OPEC Fund at external conferences, meetings, symposia, and other external events in connection with project review & monitoring.
- Participates in departmental working groups and organizational taskforces as required.
- Works closely with related departments throughout the project cycle, e.g. the Risk Management Department, Legal Department and Loan Management throughout the phase preceding full disbursement.
- Carries out other tasks that are related to the job function, assigned by the Director Portfolio Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years professional experience, of which 3 years should have been obtained within the Private Sector division of a major international development finance institution and/or within a banking environment (including commercial or investment banking, fund management or a development bank).
- Experience in project finance and corporate finance transactions.
- Demonstrated quantitative, financial analysis and modelling skills.
- Fluent in English and French. A good working knowledge of Arabic, German or Spanish is an added advantage.
- High initiative and ability to work independently, as well as with team members, in a collaborative environment.
- Sound negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and analytical skills with a high level of integrity and drive for achieving results.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.