- Career Opportunities
- Investment Analyst in Portfolio Management
Investment Analyst in Portfolio Management
Vacancy Number: 961
Reports to: Director, Portfolio Management
Deadline: July 11, 2022
This position is subject to Local recruitment. Candidates with valid Residency and authorized permit to work in Vienna are also eligible to apply.
The incumbent supports the Portfolio Management Unit in analysing and monitoring PSTFOD operations and in reviewing relevant operations matters in accordance with OPEC Fund processes and procedures in order to enable decision-making based on reliable, valid, timely and complete information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial modelling, reporting & analysis
- Work as a team member on operations providing support to all aspects including spread and analyzing financial data (financial statements, financial models and financial projections);
- Reviewing, analyzing and assessing reports from external parties (e.g. compliance information, advisor and consultants reports, financial reports etc.) to ensure compliance and report any deviation or identified risks to relevant Investment Managers; and,
- Preparation of Credit Rating Score Cards.
Support to Investment Managers
- Participate in the preparation of annual/quarterly credit monitoring reports
- Prepare draft memos and other documentation for internal processes;
- Support Investment Managers in their communication with the Legal Department, Credit Risk Unit, Loan Management Unit, clients and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle (from document negotiation to full repayment); and,
- In coordination with the Investment Managers ensure data accuracy of PSTFOD operations in the OPEC Fund IT systems.
Documentation and back-up
- Review and register withdrawal applications / drawdown requests in the Management Information System (MIS) for onward forwarding for clearance.
- Enter project and compliance reports in MIS;
- Maintain project filing in the Electronic Documents Management System (EDMS);
- Carries out other tasks related to the job function assigned by the Director, Portfolio Management; and,
- Carry out duties that may be assigned by the Unit.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Commerce or Finance or other relevant disciplines;
- Minimum of three years or relevant professional experience in portfolio management at a development finance or a banking institution.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish, or French is an added advantage.
- Experienced in preparing or reviewing financial model and conducting financial analysis of financial institutions, corporates or project finance transactions.
- Ability to distill large amounts of information from various resources.
- Possesses strong analytical thinking, good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, with an ability to convey information succinctly and diplomatically.
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritize as well as multitask effectively.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point as well as able to utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for innovation, business development.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.