- Career Opportunities
- Head of Editorial and Print
Head of Editorial and Print
Vacancy Number: 31.05.2021
Application deadline: July 12, 2021
Reports to: Communications Director
The Head of Editorial & Print strategically manages the editorial function at the OPEC Fund to optimize the organization’s editorial direction, benchmarking against peer organizations, measuring impact and contributing to the department’s day-to-day content generation, all in accordance with the institutional strategy and framework, in order to achieve the OPEC Fund’s strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Policy development and implementation
- Works closely with the Communications Director and Head of Outreach & Multimedia to drive all strategic content decisions and analyze performance.
- Contributes directly to the Communications Strategy.
- Ensures editorial content across all channels is on message, consistent and accurate, and that brand guidelines are upheld.
- Writes and edits executive communications for the organization’s senior staff and works with Head of Outreach & Multimedia and senior management to optimize such communications.
- Writes and edits strategically important content (including internal communications), contributing to the day-to-day output of the department and ensuring editorial support is available to other departments.
- Ensures editorial output is closely aligned with operational needs and works closely with colleagues from around the business – as well as with external partners and experts – to originate and generate content, manage the approval process and publish via the appropriate channels.
- Engages with and interviews high-ranking business and political leaders, and drafts internal communications.
Leadership and direction
- Drives change in the internal organization in order to continue growth and learning in the function and across functions.
- Leads, develops and mentors less experienced staff and ensures personal development plans are established and met.
- Uses data and insights to drive improvements and produces clear performance reports and reviews and establishes improvement plans.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Media, Social Sciences, Journalism, International Development or related studies.
- A minimum of fifteen years relevant professional experience.
- In addition, preferably 3-5 years within a major publishing house / communication agency and an international organization in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of Arabic, French, German or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Excellent editing and communication skills particularly of clear and concise drafting skills in accordance with relevant editorial standards.
- Demonstrable professional communications and creative skills.
- Proven managerial skills to motivate, lead and coach the editorial team. Strong ability to work under pressure and to deliver against tight timelines while maintaining positive and forward looking work environment.
- Good understanding of the development landscape.
- Good interpersonal skills Understanding of communications-related risks and opportunities in an international development environment.
- Very good knowledge of advanced English editorial theories and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in expand and promoting a brand’s content.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.