- Career Opportunities
- Assistant Internal Auditor
Assistant Internal Auditor
Vacancy Number: VA303 / 2019
Reports to: Head, Internal Audit Unit
The OPEC Fund is seeking an Assistant Internal Auditor to support its Internal Audit Unit for a period of twelve months. This job is responsible for the provision of data and information (quantitative and qualitative), documents and administrative support needed for all audit activities, as well as providing analytical support for audits and reviews activities under the supervision of the Head of Internal Audit. He/she contributes in enhancing document management in the Function such as the Electronic Data Management System (EDMS) and other relevant systems. The jobholder will report directly to the Head, Internal Audit Function. There are no structural supervisory functions or budgetary responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides analytical support to the Head, Internal Audit and Internal Audit Officers in the conduct and execution of engagements in Internal Audit’s risk-based Work Programs - spanning OPEC Fund operations, corporate processes, and IT business processes;
- Supports multiple engagements in the delivery of risk-based audits across a range of business process areas;
- Assists the Head, Internal Audit and Internal Audit Officers in the performance of detailed process walkthroughs and flowcharting of controls;
- Supports the Head, Internal Audit and Internal Audit Officers in the development of an audit library/repository of process flow charts and key control narratives that can be leveraged for future reviews;
- Assists in work paper documentation in accordance with standards established by Internal Audit;
- Supports the audit team in the timely execution of audits within the allocated time and resource budgets;
- Assists in the tracking and follow-up of relevant open and overdue Internal Audit issues and management action plans; and
- Assists in the implementation of Internal Audit operating practices and protocols, as it relates to specific engagements or tasks.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting and Control or any other relevant discipline or professional qualifications / affiliations.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant internal/external audit experience.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and internal auditing;
- Knowledge of fundamental financial issues;
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills;
- Familiarity with SAP ECC 6.0 enterprise resource planning system;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage;
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.