- Career Opportunities
- Administrative Assistant
Vacancy Number: 901
Deadline: August 31, 2022
This position is subject to local recruitment. Candidates with valid residency and authorized permit to work in Vienna are also eligible to apply.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial/clerical services to the Director and performs administrative duties relevant to the Director responsibilities, within overall policies or instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, logs, reviews and distributes all incoming mail.
- Provides background information and files concerning correspondence and ensures that urgent/ important items are drawn to the supervisor's attention.
- Drafts correspondence in one or more languages, upon own initiative or on-the-job instructions received.
- Checks outgoing mail for accuracy, conformity with overall policies or instructions, and use of the correct communication channels.
- Prepares routine letters, memoranda, reports and similar documents following detailed instruction.
Business meetings/events arrangement
- Arranges meetings, notifies participants of place, date, time, and subject.
- Takes minutes of the meeting and prepares draft records for the Director approval.
- Makes arrangements for duty travel, prepares travel authorizations, ensures that visas, vaccination certificates, etc., are in order and completes the required forms.
- Liaises, on behalf of the Director, with officers inside and outside the Department/ Unit, to give or obtain information.
- Assists the Director with the coordination of submissions in relation to budget, reports, documents, presentations and work programs.
- Ensures that the Director has all the relevant files needed for the Ministerial Council, Governing Board Meetings and Sub-Committees, as well as other high-level meetings, when necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Preferably at least three years in an international development institution.
Skills and Competencies
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English.
- Good working knowledge of French, Arabic, German or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.